On an afternoon like this,
I sometimes think of how
I mixed a tape for you.
Perhaps the songs were
not your style. Or maybe
the red heart on the cover
was a bit much for you.
Absurd afternoon. I leave tomorrow for London. I hate these last 24 hours. There’s an unsaid tension in the house. We’re almost on the verge of a fight. Perhaps about how luggage hasn’t been packed right, or how no one’s checking on the exact departure time. Or maybe how some damn thing still hasn’t been bought. A heavy cloud of restlessness. Bah!
And so we create the magic of mixed tape. Like how one song must follow the other. Tumble onto the space. The gifting of mixed tapes is a ritual by itself, but even more charming is to mix it for yourself. I am trying to kill the restlessness and regret with some music now. Chitrahaar for the WoodStock Soul? So here it is – a YouTube playlist –
– Spoon by Dave Matthews Band
– Fall at Your Feet by Crowded House
– Dangling Conversation by Simon and Garfunkel
– Fearless by Pink Floyd
– Hide Your Love Away by The Beatles
– A case of you by Joni Mitchell
– The night they drove Old Dixie Down by Joan Baez